Chapter 3Clinical Guidelines
The SMILES Dental Project aims to provide as many resources to our partners and to the community as possible. An important component of the model is understanding and implementing the clinical science and evidence-based strategies for disease prevention and management.
We will update this page periodically with new articles and resources, so make sure to check back often.
- Strategies to Prevent and Treat Tooth Decay (PDF)
- Guidelines for the Use of Pit and Fissure Sealants (PDF)
- Clinical Recommendations for Use of Professionally Applied Prescription Strength Home Use Topical Fluoride Agents for Caries Prevention (PDF)
- SDF Protocols (PDF)
- ITR Protocols (PDF)
- AAPD Policy on ITR
- Policy on Role of Dental Prophylaxis in Pediatric Dentistry
- Caries Risk Assessment Form (Under 6)
- Caries Risk Assessment Form (Over 6)
- Guidelines on Caries Risk Assessment and Management